A few hours ago we found out about two new Sublimation printers that Sawgrass released this month.
Very similar in look to their younger brothers SG400 and SG800 but packed with many new futures. Well, what else can you fit in one printer you asked? Judging by the Sawgrass official website, quite a few.
Here it is what Sawgrass have to say about their new products.
Available from March, the Sawgrass SG500 and SG1000 desktop sublimation printers have been specifically engineered to bring high-definition, high-speed printing with overwhelming power saving and uncompromised quality to product decorators and creative entrepreneurs worldwide. Developed in an exclusive partnership with leading Japanese printer manufacturer, RICOH, the SG500 and SG1000 printers combine RICOH’s superior printhead technology with the Sawgrass expertly-formulated inks. The result is widest color gamut in the industry and the best substrate performance possible, all within the limits of dye sublimation
The SG500 and SG1000 printers are wifi-enabled, incredibly easy-to-use, low-maintenance and eco-friendly, offering a low cost, reliable and durable sublimation solution all with a 2 year warranty. The extensive enhancements in this latest generation of Sawgrass printer enable significant improvements in productivity, quality and serviceability to help maximize uptime, reduce costs and deliver an increase in ROI, and at the same time produce the highest resolution images in any desktop sublimation printer on the market at 4880 x 1200 dpi.
The super compact SG500 has low start up and running costs and is ideal for creating unique and vibrant personalized products, easily, quickly and profitably. Whilst the SG1000 is perfect for growing businesses producing vibrant high margin or high-volume customized products.
In another source – Heatpress-Nation, states a little bit more about resolution improvement in printers:
One of the standout upgrades to the SG500 & SG1000 is the Ultra Fine Photo mode. This increased resolution allows you to print at an incredible 4880×1200 dpi! Paired with the redesigned Sublijet-UHD ink, Ultra Fine Photo mode produces amazing detailed prints that look absolutely stunning when sublimated onto your favorite photo panels and other high-quality substrates.
- The SG1000 prints up to 11”x17” right out of the box and can be extended all the way up to 13”x19” with the optional Bypass Tray.
- The SG500 prints up to 8.5” x 14”, which is more than enough print coverage to produce transfers for everything from coffee mugs to coasters, awards plaques to phone cases. Its compact footprint makes it ideal for situations where space may be limited or applications that may not require large print coverage.
- both printers retain the automatic self-maintenance feature that made the SG400 & SG800 famous. This essential feature eliminates any messy maintenance and the need to print daily, which is common with most other sublimation printers.
- The Sawgrass SG500 and SG1000 are backed by a 2-year warranty
- Comes with famous CreativeStudio online designing tool.